Monday, April 09, 2007

Thanks For Being So Gosh Darn Groovy...

I want to take this time out to offer a Thanks for being so gosh darn groovy award to someone who has made my life a bit more interesting. As I'm sure you are aware, being groovy is NOT an easy feat. There are many qualities that can contribute to being groovy-
Qualities like intelligence,
fearlessness,
individuality,
and
the willingness along with the ABILITY to successfully to go against the grain just to name a few.
So from now on, when I encounter or experience someone who is for whatever reason
or some situation that is groovy, I'm calling it out.
Enough with the damn babbling.
On to the presentation of the award.
Today, the Thanks For Being So Gosh darn Groovy award goes to Matt&Jess, our friends that live in LA.
I've written about them before.
(See Salutations, and Here's To Good Friends Tonight Is Kinda Special entries)
They are really special people man.
They remind us of their friendship regularly.
They provide my wife and I with different ways of perceiving things.
They are exceptional conversationalists.
They gave the sprout some wonderful gifts for his arrival-
and today we received a congratulatory bouquet of flowers for our venturing out on the path of self sufficiency.
It is amazing to me how friends can manage to retain their presence when they are miles and miles away.
You guys are the greatest, and I appreciate how often you show the lovely wife and I how lucky we are to be considered friends by two of the most considerate people we have met.
Thanx guys for being so GROOVY.

PEACE.

1 comment:

Jessica O. said...

Jay! That was awfully sweet. We love you and Katie so very much, and I'm glad we can let you know that even though we are so far away. I can't wait to see you at the end of May.

Love,
Jess