Friday, March 09, 2007

I'M BACK!!!

Sorry 'bout the delay. This past week has been NUTS! Between trying to learn a new computer program, payroll, developing a new employee handbook, hiring a new receptionist, setting up our closing date for salon purchase, an emergency visit to the pediatrician, (not to worry, the boy is alright- just a little acid reflux) and going to a concert, I haven't had time to write...
It has seriously been hectic at the salon, and we don't even OWN the joint yet!
The boy has been hacking and puking, but after a quick doctor visit, he informed us that it could either be reflux, or worst case scenario, it may be too much flesh built up on his stomach that may need to be CUT OUT. God forbid.
Last night, I went to the Tv On The Radio concert. IT WAS SUPER HYPE!!! I was yelling and screaming at the end of EVERY song. They played all the ones I wanted to hear too. ( I Was A Lover, Dreams, Hours, Young Liars, Staring At The Sun, A Method, Wolf Like Me, Province, and Dirty Whirl) Man, was I AMPED! I can't describe how eerie each song made you feel. Each was incredibly spiritual, and infectious. Tv is a combination of Prog Rock, Shoe Gaze, Slave Spirituals, and Baptist Hymns. Soul oozed like a thick tar that spread throughout the music hall, leaving the audience mesmerized. We seemed to be almost overwhelmed by the various layers of sounds that washed over us like waves in a deep blue-black sonic ocean. AWESOME! I must admit it was well worth the $30 bucks I paid the crummy scalper who wouldn't cut me a deal after explaining to him (PLEADING with him) that his price was cutting into my beer dough. Ahh well, no tee shirt for me. I found out the show was sold out when I got in line to purchase my tickets. A mere two hours before, I refused to pay ticketmaster $26.90 for a $15 ticket. Damn extra fees. Ticketmaster is a spawn of the Devil I say! As I said though, it was well worth it.
Subtle opened for TV, and they were pretty good. They were a hip-hop band that had elements of Thomas Dolby, Prodigy, Jean Michel Basquiat's band Gray, and the Rammelzee side project Death Comet Crew. I liked how "nomanisisland" sounded, but I couldn't quite make out the lyrics. The frontman would segue from song to song and would drop some obscure, unnecessary, but incredibly interesting facts. ("Did you know that each year 10,000 birds die from collisions with glass windows?) Were his facts real? Were they Bull$#*t? Who knows? Who cares? I will definitely check them out further based on their interesting sound and unique approach to the hip-hop genre.
PEACE.

No comments: