Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Kid Is A Catholic...


Sunday's baptism went well. A few folks from our families showed, and wished us well. The boy is unflappable. He didn't let out nary a whimper when the cold water was poured on his head. My wife said she'd never seen ANY kids keep from bawling when they got hit with the Holy water.
The boy was COOL though.
Afterward, some folks met back at our house for some grub, and the boy continued to be in his usual relaxed state.
It was a GREAT day, and my reservations about the ceremony were a bit grandiose I must say.
(Even though I DID have to confirm my affiliation to a way of thinking that I do not, and probably will not be affiliated with. Essentially, I had to LIE for the second time in my life to a priest. The first lie was when I made a promise that birth control was not to be an option. But if ya wanna get married in a Catholic Church, you gotta make the promise not to utilize contraception.)
Oh yeah, the Priest made us sing "AMAZING GRACE" .

...

Whatever.
PEACE.

No comments: