Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!


Hey everybody!
Hope your halloween is extra scary this year!
Well, I didn't make it to any haunted attractions, but it was a pretty spooky halloween week for me despite the absence of haunted houses, forests, and that sort of thing.
I ended up going to the movie on monday, and I saw "30 days of night". It was a pretty scary vampire flick, dealing with a group of bloodsuckers that decide to relocate to a small village in alaska where for a month they are covered in darknesss- day and night.
It was gory, and full of suprises, and there was a decapitation that looked so real, I ended up applauding in the theater.
I know the people in front of me were appaled, but hell- I've seen some chopped heads in films before, and none of them have made me wince and want to look away as much as that scene.
I must say, that I am a fan of vampire and zombie movies.
I love them so much because they scare me so much.
Two reasons why they scare me so are:
1. They both chase you relentlessly. My worst nightmares generally have to do with me being chased, and that's all that zombies and vamps do in movies. You can't get away from either one, because neither of them tire out.
So, if either is on your ass, then you've had it friend.

2. They freakin' EAT people!!! I mean, that's gotta be the worst way to go right? To be eaten alive would NOT be good.
I think the notion of being devoured plays on the most base of our fears, and it is certainly not lost on me.

Despite the anxiety, fear, and uneasiness that these films make me feel, I still LOVE em'.
I could watch them all day long.
And on Tuesday, I did.
I watched about four cheesy zombie movies back to back off and on broadcast on the sci-fi channel. Micah even watched them with me in between playing, and napping.
Tonight I'm going to finish out my Halloween festivities with "The Horror of Dracula", but first the lovely wife and I will be taking the boy out for tricks and treats to our neighbors houses. (photos to come tomorrow)

Rest In PEACE.

No comments: