Tuesday, February 27, 2007

ADIEU MES AMIS!

Well, tomorrow is my last day at my current job...
I must say that I am VERY happy about it, and VERY sad as well.
Happy because: I don't have to put up with all the back-handed comments, tunnel vision, insecurity, and attempts at intimidation my co-workers and I are subjected to by our employer.
Sad because: I will truly miss a few co-workers whom I consider friends like, Ms. Rohr if you're nasty, Wisconsin, Minty, The Canuck, Mrs. Flores, and X-Tina Slaguliera.
Hopefully, I can retain some semblance of a relationship with at least ONE of the individuals I named, and hopefully, we don't do what always seems to happen when one friend leaves the fold. You know, after all the "We'll miss you's", and the "Let's try to keep in contact's", the ties that bind friendships tend to unfurl and fray. Parting is such sweet sorrow ladies...
But a new day dawns- warming my face as I bask in the glow of opportunity. The lovely wife and I have been graced with a beautiful son, and we have chosen to go into business for ourselves. Thus, there will be no time for lamenting withered relationships, and cursing those who's wills seemed ill. It is time to move on, taking the next step to becoming the people we long to be, focusing on surrounding ourselves with positive people, and radiating as much positivity as is humanly possible...
PEACE to us, my lovely wife and sprout.

5 comments:

SRH said...

You might want to make some contact with friends from your last job as well. T mentioned to me that K would love to hear about the sprout and see some pics.

Zany Mama said...

Best of luck to you! (Please disregard my meddling husband, even though I think you are missed by K.)

Jacqui said...

Well, you'll be dearly missed. Your positive presence was a huge part of my enjoyment here. Hopefully that hole will be filled with other things here. Hey, and do be in touch. There may be some ice cream in it for you.

SRH said...

I resent being called meddling... like I am part of the Scooby-Doo gang or something... mumble mumble

Frederic's Hair Design said...

Zany, it was nice to hear that K. would like to hear from us... I am sending photos and a letter to Teez on Saturday. Hopefully they get them by Monday.

Srh, (Shaggy) I don't consider it meddling...
The way I see it, you were just looking out for a brother.

Jacqui- Thanx a bunch for the kind words. Thanx too, for giving me the chance to mark "Befriend a Dutch Canadian expat" off my list of things to do before I die. Speaking of ice cream, tell ICE CREAM MAN howdy!