Monday, February 19, 2007

Just A Short One...

Well, this weekend was a doozy.
A lot of stuff went on, but it is just a haze clouding the recollection area of my brain.
What I do remember- I will divulge.
1. Most importantly, I submitted my two week notice on Saturday. The lovely wife and I are becoming self sufficient. The owners of the salon where she works have been wanting to retire for some time now, and they decided to sell way back during the Christmas season. So, rather than let the opportunity of purchasing a successful fully operational business slip through our fingers, we decided to reach for the brass ring. For obvious reasons I couldn't breathe a word of this till now, because- (no offense Canuck, and Wisconsin) I didn't want to chance this news reaching the workplace.
I also want to take the chance to thank some VERY IMPORTANT people for helping us out legally, financially, and spiritually. We would NEVER have taken the chance if it weren't for you folks who know who you are.
2. The in-laws took care of the sprout for us on Sunday, and we went out for dinner. Initially, we planned on eating at our favorite "el cheapo" steakhouse, but they were set to close in an hour. We opted not to stay, because we didn't want to be rushed. This was our first outing as a couple, and we felt we should milk it for all it was worth. We then decided to go to what I thought was a Japanese steakhouse. It was actually a Korean Steakhouse! Man, am I happy we went there. There are lots of Korean/Japanese items on the menu, but I would suggest getting items in the korean bbq area. They sat us at a table with a flat, circular gas grill about the size of a dinner plate imbedded in the middle of it. They then brought all sorts of things to place on the grill. We had plates filled with two types of beef, One marinated, and the other was not. They brought out two dipping sauces, (sesame oil, and fish sauce{?}) They then set plates filled with a korean seasoned sliced hot dog type of meat, korean potato salad, three types of noodles, SPICY chopped greens with sesame and chili seeds, bean sprouts, mushrooms, jalapenos, garlic, and lettuce leaves to wrap all the grilled goodies in. It really was an incredible dinner, and what made the night even better was- we didn't look like ANY of the people dining there. Well, there was another couple that was not of asian descent, but we TOTALLY did not feel like we were in america. That made the experience more memorable for us.
If you are curious about Korean food, go to Kaya restaurant on reed road just off henderson road. It's well worth it.
3. If you have a personality that teeters between "nosy and "sicko" (like me) then go to Post Secret. It's a blog that allows people to send in their deepest and oft times darkest secrets via email, and/or post cards. There are some that makes me question individuals' humanity, and others that make me smile like a kid. It updates every Sunday, and there are no archives, so it's a one week affair. There is a companion book titled, "Post Secret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives" by Frank Warren, who also runs the blog. Both are very alluring, and are EXTREMELY guilty pleasures. Thanks for the heads up Wisconsin!
Funny how my intended short blogs always end up being so long winded...
I'm off to bed!
PEACE.

No comments: