Monday, February 16, 2009

FORCE FIELDS... ON!

So, do you remember when you were a kid how you would prop up pillows, and couch cushions and then place a sheet or comforter on top to make a tent, or fort?
Yeah...
That was great fun. I remember it fondly.
I don't like it so much now.
Pretty much every night, the lovely wife prepares her fort with the precision, and consideration of an architect. Using about twenty pillows, (all hers) she meticulously builds a body fort all around herself.
I must admit it's quite effective.
I'm not 100%, but I am quite sure that its virtually airtight, blocking out all light, sound, and snuggly advances.
Every so often, I am able to slip a hand in between the impenetrable pillows of her fort allowing me access to a hip or thigh, and if I am lucky, I may be able to graze a bit of her torso.
Alas, unfortunately my feat of manual dexterity is usually met with a grunt, and a swift brushing away of my hand.
Curses!
Foiled again!
Now I don't fault her, because I believe she is asleep when I try to snuggle, and the slightest brush against her skin can tickle her into consciousness.
Tickles and my wife just don't seem to work.

SHE CAN NOT STAND TO BE TICKLED.

Also, in her defense, the lovely wife has back problems of the
upper
lower
and middle kind,
and she says she needs the pillows for support.
I understand this, and accept it (to an extent) but the situation does become a pain at times.
Not just because of the karate chops my advances receive, but mainly because it's oftentimes uncomfortable.
You see, I am a rather slight individual, and therefore I take up very little space in the bed.
(My wife would disagree)
All the pillows my wife piles up tends to leave me with about just under eight inches to move around.
By the way, we have a queen size bed.
Very uncomfortable.
Hmmm.
Maybe Ozzie and Harriet had separate beds because one of them had the same dilemma as me?
Not willing to go to those lengths for a solution.
Maybe a King size bed?
Nope.
We live in an area of columbus permeated with cape cods, and cape cods ain't known for being super spacious.
Honestly, I don't believe that we could get one to fit upstairs.
So no dice.
Hey!
The boy and I are around the same size, so I know there's plenty of room in his bed,
and I know for a fact that he likes snuggling, soooo...

No comments: