Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Speaking Of The Devil...

I think I may have given Face Book a bad rap.
Upon further introspection, I have come to the conclusion that it is a tool which can be used to find old friends, boost egos, keep in touch, and fuel the fires of nostalgia.
It's a FUN tool.
But as of late, for me, that tool has wriggled into the daily/nightly routine.
I was mistaking the fun tool being the bad part.
The problem I've been having is with the ROUTINE.
Every day has become a sort of cyclical chain of events.
Nothing different is happening.
By "different" I mean something that I probably wouldn't consider happening at all on that particular day.
A surprise if you will.
My lovely wife and I need a little bit of Something New happening every now and then to make the routine a bit less boring and unchanging.
So I offer this request to you my lovely wife, how about we commit to helping each other try something different on a regular basis.
Tonight I want to plan our trip and take a look at some old pictures of the boy and compare them to how he looks now.
...
Hm.
That wasn't very hard at all.
I wonder what's gonna be different about tomorrow?

No comments: