Saturday, February 28, 2009

FREAKIN' GODZILLA vs. MEGALON!

Off Beat Cinema on the Retro Television Network is showing Godzilla vs. Megalon tonight.
In fact, I'm watching it now.
This is one of my favorite movies for two reasons.

1. When I was a kid, my dad took me to the local art house Drexel theater. At that point, I had never seen a Godzilla film on the big screen. My head nearly exploded when I saw Jet Jaguar and Godzilla team up to take out Megalon and Gigan.

2. While watching the film my dad and I really got into the film, cringing at the scary parts, cheering (quietly) at the fights, and marvelling at the technological parts (building of the robot Jet Jaguar) The film was an experience, and it STILL is a treat to watch in it's cheesy goodness.
I can't wait to watch it with the boy in a few years, and see if he enjoys it as much as I do.

No comments: