Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"They're Coming To Get You Barbara"...

Halloween rambling...
I was a bandito at work today, complete with a cool sombrero, and a HOT ASS poncho. But because I wanted to stay true to the game, I kept the damn thing on all day. Before work, I went to K-Mart and Target to find cowboy pistols and holsters, but it was to no avail. Gone are the days of playing "cowboys and indians" with colt .45 cap guns with plastic "ivory" handles and silvery polished finishes. We have become a society where it is not kosher to let our kids carry, conceal, and brandish toy guns. Sneaking up on unsuspecting individuals and either demanding money, or popping caps at them, seem to have fallen by the wayside.
(Sigh)

Tonite for Halloween we popped corn, drank hot apple cider, ate large amounts of miniature candy bars, and watched Dawn of the Dead. It was pretty fun to hang with the lovely wife and shovel goodies while sitting in the dark watching a SCARY movie.
I don't know, that movie- zombie movies in general scare the crap out of me. I think it's the fact that they eat people alive.
That, coupled with the fact that they never give up when chasing you. They will chase you to the end of the earth to get a taste of your flesh. That is the stuff of nightmares.

Work was crummy today. (That's about all I can say about it right now)

Although the sprout has been flipping and flopping inside the lovely wife, we haven't seen any more body parts protruding from her belly. (see Leg Bone Connected To The... post)

We didn't give out candy to the trick or treaters tonite. I feel bad.

I think I am going to dedicate a day where I write about the weirdest dream I have each week. I tend to dream every nite, and they are usually some doozies. I'm sure I will dream about Zombies chasing me tonite. It won't be the first.

Happy Halloween children of the night! (to be spoken with a spooky Bela Lugosi accent)
PEACE.

No comments: