Monday, December 11, 2006

Synopsis Of The Third Kind...

Today there is just too much to write about. If I were to attempt to describe all the recent goings on within the household, the size of this post would be similar to that of "War and Peace." So, I'm just gonna give the highlights.
1. I saw the baby move while relaxing in the tub with the lovely wife. Now when I say "move" I mean her belly jumped three times, pushing out about three inches from where it normally is! That was very unnerving, but not what made me want to spring from the tub to avoid the alien which I felt would soon burst from her. A SOFTBALL sized oval shape was what protruded thrice from within my wife!!! What the HELL was that? I asked, half joking/half freaked. "It's your baby" the wife said. "We'll see" I thought. I know there's no ALIEN inside her, but what kind of kid head-butts his/her mom from the inside at just 33 weeks? Methinks we are going to have a VERY active lil' sprout...
2. We had Lamaze class yesterday. EIGHT HOURS OF IT. I nearly didn't make it through the first four hours though. (More on that in number 3.) I was tired- I only got about 3-4 good hours of sleep, it was very toasty in the room, and I had a bit of a hangover. (Again, number 3.) Not a huge one mind you, but enough to make me very groggy, and gurgly in the gut. There was quite a bit of info. pertaining to what we as expectant parents should be expecting on the big day. Stuff like breathing and relaxing techniques, on down to just what types of snacks we should pack. the class was very informative, and I especially enjoyed learning various ways to help alleviate pain the lovely wife will most likely feel during her contractions. Those actually kept my mind off my hangover, AND helped me feel at least 80% back to normal. It's amazing what controlled breathing, and relaxation can do for what ails ya. It's a good thing too cuz I don't think I would've done too well during the Cesarian birth video hung over...
3. Knowing full well that I had a lamaze class the next day, I decided to go out with some of my co-workers for drinks on saturday night. DUMMY. It was decided earlier that week that we meet out for a bar hop, something that they do every blue moon, and they feel it's kinda important to get together and bond and just hang outside of the workplace. I must admit that initially I had not planned on going. Then I realized that pretty much every time they go out, they ask if I'll join and I usually give some lame excuse for not going. It's not that I don't like like hanging out- they are a real fun bunch to go out with. It's just most of the time, all I really want to do is stay home with the wife, or watch a weird movie, or veg out on the couch for the evening. That- dear reader, is exactly what I SHOULD have done saturday evening. But noooo, I HAD to meet with my friends for drinks. I HAD to down three Bombay sapphires with splashes of tonic and a beer. (I just remembered the beer) I HAD to dance and sing along to 80's tunes we programmed into the jukebox. I HAD to flirt with the bartender thinking I'd get stronger drinks. It worked. (Or was it the tips?) And I HAD to join one of my co-workers in the women's restroom to watch her cut an ex co-worker's hair. (don't ask why she carries scissors on her person) All this I did in the pursuit of a good time, rather than stay home and behave responsibly. And it was completely worth it! I haven't really allowed myself to just completely let my hair down and cut loose for a while, and it was refreshing to do so. I guess the saying goes, "Smoke em' while you got em'" right? The opportunity to just hang out at the slightest whim is drawing to a close, and I guess I was a little worried that if I didn't go out saturday, there might not be another chance to do so...
This synopsis was pretty long, but believe me, it was certainly abridged.
I know I've sung this song before, but I really do plan on trying to write on a daily basis between monday and friday. I guess I have to juggle all the crap going on during the evenings a little better huh?
PEACE.

No comments: