Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Weekend Activities Pt. 3



This weekend was one that was chock full of activities. (hence the title) I happened upon two blogs that cracked me up. They are kinda juvenile at times, and can also have a slight chauvinistic slant. But ya know what? they are funny. And I like low brow humor occasionally. The first is, Skattershooting, and From Alpha to Omega As I said , they are both funny. Check 'em out...

One of our dogs got sick this weekend from eating a weird palm tree in our room. I guess the plant got lodged in his system and he had crazy diarrhea. He was feeling crappy, and the wife wanted to take him to the vet. I figured it was something he ate and suggested we hold off for a bit. Good thing we did because about an hour before his doc visit, the poor guy had another case of the "blow-outs". But this time he returned to the house with something protruding from his butt. upon further investigation, (do not ask) we/I realized that he had a palm leaf stuck half in and out of him. So, I donned a pair of rubber gloves and went to town. after pulling out a leaf which was about 3/4ths foot long the little guy started feeling better.
Pretty gross, but I'm sure I will see things far more terrifying than that when we have the kid...

And finally, we got a Christmas tree this weekend. It took going to two lots, and enduring Jack Frost's incessant nipping, but we found the PERFECT tree. It happens to be a weird tree that's round and stout, and teardrop shaped. We have some pretty heavy ornaments, and the branches are really strong. What is strange about the tree is that it is producing pine cones all over it. There are small fuzzy white flower bud type things shooting from the ends of each branch like small appendages. I don't know, it's hard to describe, so i'll include a photo. We plan to decorate it on saturday and I can't wait to have some hot chocolate and cookies and decorate with the wife...

Well, that just about sums up the super busy weekend I had. I hope this weekend is the antithesis of this past weekend. I need some rest.
PEACE.

No comments: